…Get Your Eyes Checked Today!
Did you know that August is Eye Exam month? Whether you did or didn’t, this is the perfect time to schedule a comprehensive eye exam.
It’s a proven fact that so many individuals need eye care but don’t know it. It has been shown that nearly 50% of parents with children under 12 have never taken their children to an eye care professional.
Here are five reasons as to why you or your loved one should have an eye examination:
- Find the reason for your headache. If you have been having unexplained, constant headaches, your solution could be visiting your optometrist. An eye care professional can pinpoint the problem of your headaches.
- Improve performance in school. One out of every four children has vision problems. A common reason children fall behind in school is poor, undetected vision. Taking your children to the optometrist can detect an eyesight problem that can contribute to learning and reading difficulties.
- Determine or adjust prescription. Your eyes change over time. An optometrist can determine if you need eyeglasses or contact lenses, or if you need a stronger prescription to reduce eyestrain and help you see better.
- Detect eye conditions. An optometrist is able to spot the early onset signs of diabetes, high blood pressure, glaucoma, and high cholesterol just by conducting an eye exam.
- Prevent conditions. Many serious eye diseases often have no symptoms. An optometrist will see the early signs of diseases, such as macular degeneration or cataracts. Early detection is important to prevent serious damage.
At Annie’s Place, we often get asked if we can help our clients go to appointments, including eye exams. We are happy to offer this service and are more than happy to accompany clients to appointments. We want to be there for anything they need, when they need it.
So, during August make a point of setting up an appointment to check your eyes. You will see, it will be worth it!